Myphone is one of the new comers among the giant players in the mobile phone industry. These mobile phones are made in the Philippines. Myphone is one of the pioneers and popular brand made locally and has goal for international market. .
The following are the main attractions:
- Dual active sim card - this is probably the most notable trademark of Myphone products. Their model names come with the tag "Duo" that signifies its dual sim card capability. Both simcards can be active at the same time, which is like having two phones on one unit. This can be a cure among those people who have contacts on 2 different network providers.
- Filipino contents -other models come up with built in Filipino contents making it a more localized product.
- TV Phones - some models are television capable. You can watch from VHF and UHF channels clearly outdoors. But if you're in a nearly closed room you might end up finding a spot to get a clear signal. Just consider why you need to place an antenna on pole for your ordinary television - you need to get a clear reception.
- Budget Phones - they have relatively low prices for a quite number of latest features they are equipped. I think is it because they are made locally so you don't have to cover the customs taxes, shipping costs etc.
There are other things you need to consider though in getting a Myphone unit
- On user friendliness
Though interface is patterned with industry standard phones, I find that they are bit lacking in the navigation aspect but users won't we alienated by their user interface in general.
- Durability and Parts Services
Overall, you can rely on their durability but the question relies on how many service centers do the company have across major cities or how many independent service technicians are knowledgeable on repairing a malfunctioned unit.
Thre are different models to choose from - Bar, Qwerty, Slide, Touchscreen and TV phones. Here is a summarry of popular models and their current prices.
Myphone Models and Prices
Q19i Duo (Qwerty) - PhP1,888.00 (about $ 42.00)
Q21 Duo (Qwerty) - PhP4,990.00 (about $ 111.00)
Q29 Duo (Qwerty) - PhP3,999.00 (about $ 89.00)
QT23 Duo (Qwerty) - PhP4,990.00 (about $ 111.00)
QT7 Duo (Qwerty) - PhP3,990.00 (about $ 87.00)
QV27 Duo "S Phone" (Qwerty) - PhP4,999.00 (about $ 111.00)
QW28 Duo - PhP5,990.00 (about $ 133.00)
QTV20 Duo (TV and Qwerty) - PhP2,990.00 (about $ 66.00)
QTV80 Duo (TV and Qwerty) - PhP2,990.00 (about $ 66.00)